Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

completion

I'm a great starter of projects. My house is full of half-completed tasks. Pages torn out of magazines, photos in bundles; frameless. Half knitted toys, scarves and beanies. Scraps of fabric for clothes for the girls. Bags of crafty leftovers. Recipes cut from old magazines. Recycled beads and old jewellery. ..

Even my ideas board is half done.. painted, covered in inspirational snippets.. but not hung. Stacked up against a wall, with other frames to be re-painted.

But I finally finished something. Something I started and documented in an earlier post (see here). Something with a time frame. And I'm pleased to say I finished way ahead of schedule..

I actually finished the knitting part of it some time back. But I'm not a big fan of the sewing and stuffing part. I find it a bit tedious, and often I'm a bit haphazard and slapdash.

But it was on my mind. And I knew, if I kept putting it off, it would loom larger in my life than it should. And it would be more difficult, as I would have forgotten which bit goes where and which bit is which...

So it's done. It didn't take very long at all. And I think it looks great.





Meet Harry Elephante.
He'll be heading to Sydney in the next week or so.




I even have time to knit a scarf for my friend's stepdaughter. I hope she likes it.
I've picked this pattern from Pinterest as well. This is the first time I've knitted a scarf using the YO technique, creating this intricate webbing design. It's been incredibly frustrating and I've had to unravel it completely three times. If I'm not concentrating and forget to yarn over then it seems to be impossible to work out where I've gone wrong. A bit like a sudoku puzzle....





I felt like giving up. But I think the pattern is really pretty and my nine year old really likes it. That's got to be a good sign. And really, I don't like to be beaten. I'm a bit pig headed that way...

When it's finished I will knit a flower to sew on. That's the plan, anyway..

1 comment:

  1. Me Harry looks adorable! So cute - he will be well loved I'm sure! Keep up the knitting - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

It's always a thrill to get comments. Makes my day! Thanks for stopping by xx